Located just off the shores Osu, Christiansborg Castle. The castle was built by the Danish in the 1660s and had since then been passed on to many different owners such as the Portuguese, British, the Akwamu and the Dutch. In 1694, the castle had been resold to Danes for the 50 marks of gold. In 1694, the castle was resold to the Danesin return for 50 marks of gold. However did not return the keys of the castle. The castle keys have since been a part of the stool property of Akwamu.
The castle used for the trade of slaves and gold. The abolition of slave trading in 1803 resulted in a severe trade slump. By 1850 the castle was handed over to the British colonial governors who abandoned it from 1890 to 1901 when it was used as a constabulary mess and a psychiatric asylum after later on. It was in 1902 when Christiansborg Castle became the seat of government again. Today the castle serves as the office of Ghana's President.
Christiansburg Castle is not open to walk-in visitors.